Monday, March 3, 2008

Bienvenido

Welcome! Usually it's just my red room, but starting today it's Your Red Room. Nothing like some capital letters, a modification of the possessive pronoun, and a little thinking outside the box.

Inspiration for this blog came not from societal need, but from three blogs I read regularly and a friend who just started a blog of her own. Who knows how long it will last, perhaps until I begin traveling, maybe when I return to school, or, if all goes well, foooorrrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr. Comment fodder: What's the movie where the character says "Forever" and draws the word way out? Little Rascals?

I'm going to be a teacher and one technique to help students learn is to always offer a summary of what they can expect from the lesson. Using that theme, here's a sampling of subjects that you can expect from this blog:
Don't worry--I know you were--there are little to no plans on continuing to be a link freak, it's just that I am new at this and trying to get the hang of it. Bear with me.

With that we begin the long, sardonic ride on the bomb.

3 comments:

margottt said...

foooorreeeeeveeeeerrrr is from Sandlot I believe.

thanks for the link

Zachary said...

The Movie Critic comes through! That's what I was thinking, but couldn't find any evidence. Soooo funny

wegrit said...

It is *definitely* 'The Sandlot.' I love that you made that reference by the way. It made my whole week! I quote that movie a lot (usually in the "you're killing me Smalls" way) and people here stare blankly.