Monday, March 31, 2008

Lance


I started reading Lance Armstrong's book two days ago, It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life, and have been zipping through it. I know, I know, that's soooooooooooo three or four years ago, but I'm admittedly a little slow on the trend uptake and am just now getting to it. Two things are jumping out at me: 1) He describes one and two hour training rides as hardly worth it and dismisses them. That's almost all I do. Sad face. 2) Beyond that one training observation, I really am mostly interested in the human/cancer side of the story. I thought I'd be most interested in the cycling and training aspect, but it's been very interested reading about cancer survival. I have come to realize I don't know many people with cancer and those that I do know survived and are doing well. Sadly, that is not the norm. Anyhow, I recommend the book if you haven't read it.

1 comment:

wegrit said...

I wouldn't worry too much about your 1-2 hour rides. You're a normal person with a job and a life not a professional athlete with sponsorship who can afford to spend 6 hours training every day.