Friday, March 14, 2008

DotW: Ronda, España

This week's downtown spotlight comes to rest on my favorite city in Spain: Ronda. Often relegated to third billing behind Seville and Granada within the Andalucian region, Ronda is a fantastic city with an equally wonderful downtown. I visited in January 2002 with my family and was taken immediately.

Here's a great photo of one of the pedestrian-only downtown streets of Ronda (thanks Schweich). As you can see, the street is not a simple concrete or asphalt, rather it's a colorful tile. Streets like this crisscross back and forth with many shops, bars, museums, and restaurants. During the 2002 trip I remember wandering these streets by streetlamp, a foggy haze hanging low. It was a magical, medieval evening.


A couple more photos from the fantastic Ronda:





1 comment:

tiff said...

gorgeous!

I might be headed to Spain in May! It's between Spain and Italy..but it's like choosing between two gorgeous children, I fear.