Monday, March 17, 2008

Speaking of Celebrating

I'm back in La Grande after a short trip over to Portland for a bike race and a visit with Serena. I'm happy to report both were great. On the biking front I won my race! No need to send chocolate and cards because I was in the lowest division possible, but it sure was a great feeling. I got to thinking that this may be the high point of my cycling career. As you achieve better results in races you get bumped up to a higher level of competition, plus, I'll need to start doing steroids if I'm going to compete in this sport. Yeeks. Anyhow, there is a chance that this will be my one and only win, but for now, hooray for the win!

Hopefully pictures to come, it was a rainy day and I got a nice asphalt-mud facial.

UPDATE: The Oregon Trail Racing Team. Man I look awkward.

4 comments:

wegrit said...

Doesn't matter what the division was, you won! I hope you keep winning.

Harley said...

Is that you in the swim cap? Why are you wearing a swim cap?

Oregoncornhusker said...

Hahaha, yes, that's me, but no, it's not a swim cap. It's a skull cap for keeping warm. The early races are often super cold and rainy and that day was no exception.

Harley said...

Ahhh. Yeah. A 'skull cap'. Okay.

If you're trying to make it sound cooler, you're only sort of kind of succeeding! It still looks like a swim cap.

But you wear it well! :D