Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Bike!

Hooray! A few days ago I purchased a new bike for training and racing. It's an older Trek, a 5200 from 2000, that is similar to the bike the US Postal Service team (think Lance Armstrong) road in the Tour de France. I still have old faithful--a Giant OCR 3 from 2002--for putzing around town and in crappy weather, but my new ride is ten pounds (10 pounds!!!!) lighter, more comfortable, and makes me look uber patriotic when I'm wearing my red, white, and blue Journey of Hope uniform. The photo:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! Lovely, Mr. Lauritzen. You'd better chalk a few more wins on that thing.

Unknown said...

Zach... Oh No! You're no longer a member of the famed OCR posse! Now it's just going to be that "other" bike. Super. I made it down to Salem for Obama....good time. I fought for a handshake until the guards pushed me away. No luck, but it was a valiant effort nonetheless. Are you in Corvallis now? Since it's beautiful over here now, lets go for a ride sometime!