Monday, June 2, 2008

Nogas

I have friends who are Thinkers: folks that sit around and philosophize about this, that, and the other thing. I love and admire that trait. For some reason my mind doesn't work like that. My thoughts most often come in the form of reading rather than calling upon my thoughts to wander. To each his own, right?

Well, I'm happy to report that one idea keeps popping into my head: Nogas.

It's a town.

I image the plans of a town where no gasoline is used, rather transportation is by bike, foot, and silent propulsion like electric vehicles. The layout would be around a central area for recreation and commercial activity. High density housing would allow for shortened commuting: without excessive sprawl a bicycle would be extremely fast. The town would thrive on green industry and tourism. Quality of life would soar with a physically fit population. The city would be full of sounds of people and nature rather than rushing cars. With no transportation emissions and significant green electricity development, air quality would be fantastic.

Certainly there are some flaws with the town, like saddle sores and disposing of old walking shoes, but nothing that can't be handled.

Would you join me in Nogas?

6 comments:

John David Penniman said...

There is a town south of Atlanta called Peachtree City...it kind of freaks me out, but all the citizens drive golf carts.

thats a start, right?

heres their website:
http://www.peachtree-city.org/

margot said...

although this sounds like it could be a fun place to live in I would fear a lack of diversity in ideas and political views etc.

it'd be like living with zombies who all think and act the same way and raise children to act and think the same way..

devils advocate. sorry.

DanasGlobalTravel said...

It depends...would this town be located in Germany? ;-)

Oregoncornhusker said...

Checking out Peach Tree now...

Margot: Just because people share a similar view that transportation cannot continue to be with one per person, four-wheeled vehicles doesn't mean they share all views about the world. Like us: we agree that Coldstone is delicious, even if I spill it on my shirt and look like the fat kid, but I like tents and you don't... at all... vomitee girl.

margot said...

pshhh.. you try and have republicans come hang out in Nogas or lazy-asses like me.. it aint happenin...

RedsideSam said...

This is Sam Garrons old friend. Have you read the book "Ecotopia" you should. Nogas would be a perfect fit in this society. Check it out.