Friday, June 27, 2008

Gardening: Two Stories

As my faithful readers know I built raised beds in my family's garden and have begun gardening at the community garden here in La Grande. Both have been huge successes.

Part One: Family Garden

Check out the link above to see the before picture from March and then enjoy the current picture below. The place looks amazing. You see peas all over the place (they are about ready to be harvested), beans, lettuce, onion, squash, flowers, cucumber, and tomato. In the background, too far away for sight, there are eggplant, zucchini, and peppers. It's beautiful.


*Included in the picture is my dad going to check the venison hamburgers he was grilling for dinner. They were yummy, super lean, and hormone-free.

Part Two: Community Garden

After another afternoon of work and an evening of planting my community garden plot has come to life. Below you will see the beans are up, planted in a rectangle. Within the rectangle are three tomato plants. In the foreground you can see two squash, three tomatoes, cucumber, and I've planted zucchini and leek seeds. Delicious.

No comments: