Thursday, May 22, 2008

Days 12-20

Yeeks, has it really been that long since I've posted a trip update? There's a lot and I have to catch a bus to New York in an hour so this is going to be brief:

-Dana and I drove from Raleigh, NC to Washington, DC. We talked about everything from Peace Corps to Nazis. Ken, her trusty GPS navigator, took us on a route I was unfamiliar with, but we went that way because the computer said so. Whatever happened to maps? Entering DC we saw the biggest traffic jam I've ever witnessed: Southbound on I-95 there were five lanes of traffic at a bumper-to-bumper standstill for approximately 10 miles. I couldn't do that, period.

-Catharine was an amazing host. We partied, we chatted, she fed me, I washed my clothes, etc etc. She put up with me for six whole days. Incredible! A big thanks to her.

-I got to see old Elon friends and others from the "Working in DC" era of my life. I was a guess player for a kickball team (we lost) and softball team (also lost). I'm not much of a ringer.

-Now I'm in Baltimore and heading to the bus stop to catch a ride to New York City and the home of Ian and Jeffy. The bus stop is pretty sketchy so if I'm abducted or become a drug addict, tell my family I love them

No comments: