Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 6-9... Yes

It's been a great stay at Elon with Margot and Jessica. I met the newest addition to my Pi Kappa Phi family, kicked it with old friends, and bumped into a few professors and staff that I see far too rarely. Last night I lied in bed having glumly realized this was probably the last student-based visit to Elon because all the students I know are graduating this spring. Bummer.

This afternoon we're off to West Virginia to start a weekend of fun and white water rafting with a bunch of old Elon friends. Hooray!

3 comments:

Harley said...

Okay. What the hell is a 'Pi Kappa Phi family'?

I am wildly confused... Explain?

Oregoncornhusker said...

I was (I guess "am" is the word here... brothers for life, etc) in Pi Kappa Phi fraternity while at Elon. Part of that is you have a "big" brother and then, after time, you're given a "little" brother. That relationship is called a "family." Since I've been out of school for a few years, my little had a little, then that little had a little, and then that little had another little. Each progressive "generation" builds our "family" larger. I met the newest addition on this trip and had a chance to kick it with all of them. Make sense?

Oregoncornhusker said...

Hahahaha.... yes. ;)