Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day Two

Today marked the first move northward in my trek from Charlotte to Boston. Butner and I got a late start thanks to my late slumber (It was one in the afternoon when I woke up. Yikes. In my defense, my body still thought it was only 10am.). First on the docket was a church-league softball game. I can't hit, but had flashbacks to my days as a shortstop and played well in the field. Butner was a stud at the plate, getting hits and driving in runs. In the end we lost, but we played the game well... I think that's what counts.

For the evening activities it was off to Hickory, North Carolina, home to the third member of the Trifecta of Power: Nate-Dawg. After dinner and a drink at a nice little pub, Butner wrapped me in swaddling clothes and sent me down the river known as Nathan's Volvo. I'd include the cute picture of all of us together, but I don't have my computer to upload. Cue sad face. :(

Tomorrow it's off to Winston-Salem, home of Elizabeth.

No comments: