Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Education Help Part I

Though not vast in number, my readership is steeped in wisdom and knowledge. From time to time as I create lessons this year I will come to you all for ideas. So here, in all its glory, is part one of the ongoing series "Education Help."

In a couple weeks we will be talking about September 11th with a bunch of 7th and 8th graders. I am looking for a short video (5-10 minutes) to be shown at the beginning of class that A) sums up the story of what happened (these kids were only five and six years old at the time) and B) has good imagery and video. Does anyone know of a short film that fits the bill? Ideas on where to find one?

3 comments:

margot said...

oy. you couldn't pay me to help you on this one.. haha I'll be around for part 2

Oregoncornhusker said...

:( Understood

John David Penniman said...

the only video I have seen was one titled Faith and Doubt at Ground Zero and probably deals with the subject in a far more mature manner than might be appropriate...not to mention it was like 2 hours long.

I seem to recall having seen something on the History Channel...there are a few videos on History.com/media. But I can't vouch for them.

Another great resource is The 9/11 Commission Report: A Graphic Adaptation. its a distilled version of the report put in graphic novel form. not exactly what you are looking for, but I found it really helpful.

sorry friend, that is a tough assignment.