Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bambi

I just ran out side at 12:05am, in my underwear, bb gun a-blazing to defend the homestead from a pillaging bandito... by the name Bambi.


This year in the middle of the summer, for one reason or another, the dear have descended upon the gardens of La Grande. Normally they are up in the mountains all summer, enjoying the great human-less expanse. Unfortunately, this year they've decided the glitz and glamour of the big city is preferable to rural living, which has been bad news for the beans, squash, and tomato plants.

Now time for some shuteye so I can stay awake for tomorrow's "Deer Be Scurred" stakeout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bb guns just discourage....they don't kill right?

-keys

Oregoncornhusker said...

I can practically hear the hope that that is indeed the case... and it is!!!! The little guy/gal just ran off... and got hit by a car.

I kid, I kid. No harm done!