Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Drive Thru

At 1am tonight I drove by McDonald's and the drive thru had four cars in it, sitting, idling, waiting.

Seriously people?

It's terrible for your health, relatively expensive, awful for the environment, and those folks were sitting in line burning $4/gallon fuel (as well as their precious time) for the "opportunity" to pay for all that bad.

Anyhow, whatevs, people do what they want. But, if any of you ever see me waiting in a four-deep McDonald's drive thru line at 1am, then you'll know it's time to ship me off to the funny farm.

It got me thinking about how much fuel is burned waiting in car lines. Here are a few examples that popped into my head: food drive thru, bank drive thru, and parents waiting to pick up kids from school. Throw in red lights and the numbers probably grow exponentially. There must be millions of hours worth of idling ever year in the United States alone.

Nothing much to add here other than daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

1 comment:

Lenny said...

Have you ever had a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese? I didn't think so.
You wouldn't understand.