Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Garden Update

We had a big pea harvest last week. I had four friend over and we ate the first haul. The next day I picked and preserved (froze) a bunch more. Fresh peas are fantastic!


Below are two community garden photos. You may notice that there are two raised beds. That is because a few days ago I built and planted a second bed, this one with sweet corn. Fresh sweet corn is one of the most fantastic treats, however for us to enjoy this we have to have a fairly late first freeze this fall. That's the case because I planted late! I have my fingers crossed it will work out, but today was a good sign: they started to come up!

The second photo is of a small plot I started because there were some unused plants laying around and I didn't want to see them die. There are squash and the plant that produces the green part of green salsa. I feel like an adoptive parent.

No comments: