Saturday, April 12, 2008

Raced Today

Today I raced (I think) my final road race until June at the Kings Valley Road Race. I felt like I was dodging bullets out there: a guy behind me broke a spoke, another guy behind me blew a tire in what sounded like a gun shot, and another guy beside me was sketchy as hell and caused a crash with just a couple miles to go. After all the fireworks I ended up with a 2nd place finish behind my new friend Lenny. He's a friend of a friend from home and turns out we're a pretty good cycling team. I actually had two chances to beat him at the end, but he's extremely strong and I simply didn't have the legs! After last weekend's crashes I'm happy finishing upright, the good result is icing on the cake!

After the race I rushed to an indoor soccer game; I'm playing on a friend from home's team. We had a blowout win, but next week we start a new "season" against the next level of competition. More on that later, right now I'm totally wiped.

One last thought: I won $35 from the race after paying a $20 entry fee. Does my +$15 make me a pro?!?!?

No comments: