Sunday, February 22, 2009

Things We Think Are True

This blog post about sleep and depression started like this:
All of us have things we believe in even though we don't really have any evidence for them.
Isn't that the truth? For example, I'm pretty sure large amounts of coffee probably aren't good for us and in fifty years we'll be saying, "Why didn't we see that that wasn't good for us?!?!" though I've never read any scientific study that supports that theory. What about you all? What is something you believe, but have no proof of its validity?

1 comment:

Keough said...

1. I believe that spilling salt without proceeding to throw salt over your left shoulder (it might be the right shoulder--I never could remember so I do both.) is bad luck.

2. I believe that there is an afterlife AND reincarnation.

3. I think it's completely possible for a man to put down a toilet seat after use.

4. I believe if I eat something after the expiration date I will die.

5. I think that laughter is the best medicine. (May or may not be proven.)

6. I believe that if you're feeling down, a little debbie fudge brownie and a cherry-flavored Icee is all you need.

7. I believe that believing in things is what makes life worth living--whether scientifically proven or not.