Thursday, February 19, 2009

Non-Paper Daily, 2.19.09

*At 7,465, the Dow Jones hit its lowest point in six years today... and, no, that doesn't mean it can only go up from here.

*Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas is apparently President Obama's pick for Secretary of Health and Human Services. Former Senator Tom Daschle, the man tapped for leading health care reform, recently withdrew his nomination after it came to light that he had not paid more than a hundred thousand dollars in owed taxes. His removal from consideration is considered a major blow to comprehensive healthcare reform, however Sebelius is widely considered a very able politician. Healthcare reform is high on my "To do" list, so here's hoping she does well.

2 comments:

Niki said...

My best birthday present was, obviously, the reinstatement of NPD.

My worst birthday present was that I turned 24 and lost my health insurance... so go Sebelius go!

Oregoncornhusker said...

You are the news in action! My students would love this b/c it's actually applicable!