Monday, November 17, 2008

Goaties

About two years ago Serena introduced me to the beauty of goats. Not only are they super super cute, but they are highly functional too. According to this story from Wired Magazine, goats are used as lawnmowers in areas where lawnmowers or herbicides are inappropriate of unfeasible (ie landfills, industrial areas, park space, etc).

Goat stomachs, for all intents and purposes, can digest anything carbon-based. I remember there was nothingness in the desert of northern Chile, but sure enough there were goats wandering around subsisting on dead twigs. Truly remarkable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zack, what's going on man? I want to ask you. What do you think about my state's US Senate runoff election? Who would've ever thought all eyes of the nation would be on GA for a political contest?

Of course, as you can probably imagine, I'm working hard for Saxby.