Saturday, December 13, 2008

One Dollar Diet Project

As I signed into my Yahoo mail account a link caught my eye: Couple Eats on $1 Per Day for a Month. Sounded interesting, and it was. Billions of people around the world live on $1 per day, so they wanted to see if it was possible to eat in America on that budget. Clearly this is difficult here simply because our society's food is more expensive, but they were able to do it. Along the way they learned a few things, garnered some media attention, and ate a lot of plain oatmeal. If you're interested, here's their blog.

1 comment:

KARLA and AMY said...

Great social experiment!

We invite everyone to come check out our own spin on the 'dollar-a-day' challenge.

As I prepare for my upcoming mission trip to Zambia, I am reminded that people really do live on just $1 a day.

We are using this project as an educational tool as well as a fundraising effort for the Zambia trip.

Come check us out:

http://1-dollar-a-day.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Karla

http://www.hope-heals.org