Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Non-Paper Daily

I've had a variety of people tell me that this blog is one of their primary sources of news. Considering this, here is the first edition of a daily news feed that covers a few of the day's most important news events. (Yes, I know, I've tried a variety of reoccurring posts and failed miserably, but this strikes me as more likely to succeed considering I read the news every day. Fingers. Crossed)

*Illinois' Governor Blagojevich was arrested this morning on charges relating to bribery and abuse of power. Blagojevich is the guy responsible for appointing President-elect Obama's senate replacement. Among his many transgressions, his latest is trying to sell that appointment to the highest bidder. He posted bail this afternoon and should be in trial fairly soon. Stay tuned.

*Piracy in the Gulf of Aden, off the coast of Somalia, is getting so bad that cruise companies are canceling ships and governments are placing armed soldiers on cargo ships.

*A possible breakthrough in the battle against malaria, a disease that kills 1 million and sickens 2 million more annually. In field trials a vaccine has cut malarial infections in half.

No comments: