Sunday, October 5, 2008

Some People Suck

Venting:

A couple days ago I went down to my plot at the community garden to see that corn and tomatoes had been taken. Someone decided after they put zero work into the garden that it was okay to take. Take. Take. Take. I rationalized it this way: It's okay, as long as the food is consumed.

Today I hear cheering from the middle school field where my soccer team plays games. It's been raining continuously for two days so the field is mush and very susceptible to being ruined. A big group of adults decided this afternoon would be a great day to play a game and, thus, destroy our field. My team spent all summer off our field to preserve it for games. We practice off to the side to preserve it for games. Now these guys ruined our efforts in one afternoon. Take. Take. Take. No rationalizing: Those guys are assholes.

What the hell is wrong with people like this? Where are their brains when making decisions that directly destroy the positive actions of others?

3 comments:

Lisa Joy (to the world) said...

Oh they did NOT ruin the field! Anger.

CMC said...

Sorry to hear that dirty. That's awful. I want to start a garden but it's Central Oregon... I feel like the climate isn't the best. Plus it is winter. Hopefully your field and garden both bounce back.

Oregoncornhusker said...

Lisa: Yes, they did. Anger squared. PS Since when were you in Europe and have a blog. Count me in.

Micah: I don't differentiate. Assholes are assholes.

CMC: Thanks for the love. I've heard Central Oregon is way tough on things like tomatoes, but you could def have a garden if you choose your veggies wisely. Do it!