Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pickin' Up

The last week has been great for my soccer team. On Thursday we played Ontario, a team that beat us 3-0 in the first match-up. This time we won 3-1. Ontario was missing a couple key players, but I'm proud of my guys for taking advantage of the situation and putting forth a solid performance.

Yesterday was even bigger. We played Milton-Freewater (known as Mac-Hi) at their place. History lesson: Mac-Hi has won the past three state titles, haven't lost a league game for at least four years (since I've been around), and and is currently ranked #1 in the state. Two weeks ago we lost 8-0. Yikes. This weekend was different. We went down 2-0 early and then scratched and clawed our way back into the game for a 2-2 tie. We won the last 60 minutes of the game 2-0 so it gives me hope for the final game with them in a couple weeks.

Hooray!

No comments: