Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bike Race

This weekend I beast on the bike. I won my first real race: proof. (Look under Cat 4/5)

I gained time on all the contenders during the time trial where I had the opportunity to ride a real time trial bike with the radical handlebars. The one I rode looked a lot like this. In general time trials are not a favorite for riders because it essentially consists of pure pain. While I was watching the pro racers start I talked to a guy next to me and he said, "Yeah, time trials are only cool for the goofy helmets and fantastic bikes (Without googling it, any guesses on how much that bike costs?)." I lolled.

Now into school!

3 comments:

margot said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

5.5 grand is my guess
And FIRST very nice, WELL DONE! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Oregoncornhusker said...

Thank you to you both!

Andy, well guessed... if you don't include the wheels. The frame and components total about eight grand and the wheels run another $3,000 for a grand total of $11,000. Uh-mazing.